Earlier this week we informed you that we are blessed to have access to testing for students and employees starting January 5, 2021. Our intent is to test the entire student body each week in order to monitor the virus on campus.
We need for all students to assist with this expectation in order for us to have success in monitoring the virus and reduce the quarantine obligations required by the CDC for asymptomatic students.
For the January term, students who have had the virus since November 1, 2020 will not need to follow this testing plan.
- The firm performing the testing collection and evaluation is Lucid Laboratory Services.
- Costs are born by the student’s health insurance, and if not available, then Cares Act funding. Employees will also have access to testing, covered by TU’s insurance.
- Testing will be held in Alspaugh West in the Hodson Dining Commons from 8:00 AM – 7:00 PM.
Setting up your account – THIS IS A CRITICAL STEP – BEST IF DONE ON YOUR PHONE!
- Taking the time to register now will make the testing process much faster!
- Please take a moment and take pictures of your insurance card front and back to have ready for registration.
- Please pre-register with this link on your phone or computer.
- Click the link and follow the prompts to enter your name, date of birth, address, insurance information (if no insurance information then enter your SSN – if an international student without a Social Security Number enter your Taylor ID number), and to place your signature at the bottom. You will also need to verify that you are “NOT A ROBOT” and then press submit.
Once this registration is complete, the testing company we will be able to print this information off and bring it for tests starting on January 5, 2021. If you do not pre-register, you will need to complete all paperwork at testing and this will slow down the testing process.
Students should assume that test results are negative unless the University contacts them to work through the implications of a positive test result. A negative test result will not be reported back to you. As the saying goes, “no news is good news!”
Our plan is to divide the campus as follows for testing:
- Monday – Begins January 11, 2021: Gerig Hall, Breuninger Hall, Campbell Hall and Swallow Robin Hall and Men’s and Women’s Basketball Team
- Tuesday – Begins January 5, 2021: Samuel Morris Hall and Commuter Students (those students living at home and attending classes on campus).
- Wednesday – Begins January 6, 2021: Wengatz Hall, Off-campus students, Casa, Delta, Lawvere and Luthy
- Thursday – Begins January 7, 2021: Olson Hall and Wolgemuth Hall
- Friday – Begins January 8, 2021 – English Hall and Bergwall Hall
We are very excited to have our students returning for the January term to be followed by our Spring 2021 term. We believe it we all participate together in our various goals and requirements, we can finish on our semester on campus, God willing.
See you soon!
Special Assistant to the President